Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Enjoy Dinner Before Looking For Tomorrow's Breakfast

I spent the evening with by far the prettiest girls in Tallahassee, the Simmons ladies: Jen, Karsyn, Lila and Tenley. I have so much respect for women like Jen who put their family in a place of such importance that they give up every hour of every day to stay home and raise their kids. My selfish self would have a difficult time doing so for very long before I started complaining. However, spending the evening watching The Little Mermaid and playing with adorable 4 year, 2 year and 1 month old girls is a lot of fun… and being able to get in some girl time with my good friend Jen is pretty good too. J
It’s so easy for me to get impatient looking for the next good thing that I want. In fact I have a reputation with my husband and sisters of always looking toward the next meal, often to the point that I am talking about whatever good food we will eat for lunch while at the breakfast table or asking what we’re having for dinner while on my lunch break.
Lately I’ve spent a lot of time and energy focusing on having kids. I LOVE kids, I want to have a lot of them. However, God has very clearly directed me & Mr. to exactly where we are now and the plan for right now doesn’t have kids in it yet. But it does have a chance for Clay to finish school at FSU, for me to enjoy the challenge and reward that comes from excelling in a job I’m good at. It includes wonderful friends, a life-changing church, a loving family and the best husband I could ask for.
So, I think I’m going to work hard to be excited for my future while still being content with my present… to start enjoying my dinner before anticipating tomorrow’s breakfast. And when I get the itch to have a bunch of kids I will spend some time loving on the Simmons ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment