Sunday, July 31, 2011

I love being a sister

Having a sister is such a cool relationship. God didn’t have to think it up but He gave it to us because he loves us. I am lucky enough to have grown up with three of them and then get another one through marriage. I got to spend some time this weekend with my little sisters, and in about a month will get to hang out with my big sister.

I love hanging out with my girls. I love being comfortable enough with them to be an absolute idiot and have so much fun doing so. I love getting up really early and drinking coffee with them while we are still too sleepy to have conversations. I love laughing really hard with them. I love it that even when we get annoyed with each other I have no doubt that it will be quickly followed by love, patience and forgiveness.
Maybe you guys won’t understand what I mean, but any of you girls who have sisters do. It’s just cool to be a sister, especially a big sister.  There is something very special about looking at someone and seeing so much of yourself in that person: sometimes you see things that you love and sometimes you recognize things that you wish you could adequately warn them about but know they have to figure it out themselves. I can only imagine it’s a little glimpse of what it’s like to be a parent and watch your kids grow up.
I’ve got some pretty awesome sisters, and I will miss them until I see them again. But that is only 12 days away, so I thankfully I don’t have to wait too long.

1 comment:

  1. Love my sweet sister and all my sister-friends! Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete